Types Of Parrots With Pictures, Which One Is Your Favorite?
- A curved beak.
- An erect stance.
- Four toes on each foot two at the front, and two at the rear.
The Psittacines group is sub-divided into the following types of parrots:
Literally translated, the word Parakeet means ‘small parrot’. They originate from South Eastern Asia, and they range in size from seven to twelve inches from the top of their head to the tip of their tail. They come in a wide range of colours, such as dark green, white, yellow, light blue, violet, and a variety of combinations of these colours.
Cockatiels originate from Australia, and they grow to be about twelve or thirteen inches long. The most common colours are:
- Grey on the body, with a yellow (male) or grey (female) head, and black feathers underneath the tail.
- White or creamy yellow body, with orange patches on the cheeks.
- Predominantly green, with a red head and wings, and yellow tail.
- Predominantly lime green, with a tan head, and a light maroon tail.
- Predominantly yellow and red, with a dark head.
- A breast made up of several bright colours, with a tan head, and a lime greenback.
10. Poicephalus Parrots
- Green and orange, with a grey head.
- Grey, with a blue or green chest, and yellow markings on the head and wings.
- Fawn brown, with a red chest (male) or with a orange or green chest (female).
- Emerald green, with black wing feathers, and red or orange markings on the head, wings and socks.
- Olive green, with a wine coloured head.